Adrien Cotton, co-owner of Alexandria-based Fitness on the Run, has put together a high-energy, fat-blasting workout to get you toned in no time. No need to leave to hit the gym, in less than 35 minutes you can get this complete workout done right at home.—Angela Bobo
Warm-Up: 15 minutes
1) Begin on all fours and crawl (yes, crawl) on all fours around a room. 2) Repeat three times. 3) Crawl around a room again, this time with your knees off of the floor. 4) Repeat three times.
1) Stand with feet shoulder distance or more apart. 2) Hinge from your hips, and bend over. 3) Place hands palms first on the floor (placing fingers first is very hard on your fingers) as close to your feet as you can. 4) Walk your hands outward until you get in a push-up position. 5) Walk your hands back toward your feet, bending your knees only as soon as you must. 6) Repeat five times.
Walk-Out + Push-Up
1) Perform walk-out move. 2) Once you return to the top of the push-up position, add a push-up (or two). 3) Walk your hands back to your feet bending your knees only as soon as you must. 4) Repeat five times.
1) Lie on the floor face down. 2) Place your elbows directly under your shoulders on the floor, curl your toes under. 3) Lift your body to a flat position where your body is parallel to the floor. 4) Hold for 20 seconds. 5) Rest for 10 seconds. 6) Repeat 8 times.
1) Stand with a wall 6 to 8 inches behind you. 2) Stand with feet positioned hip distance apart, toes facing outward. 3) Hinge your hips back toward the wall (bending your knees as much as you need to in order to hit the wall with your bottom). 4) Pause at the bottom for 2 seconds and then jump up. 5) Repeat 10 times.
1) Lay on the floor face down. 2) Extend your arms outward like a ‘T.’ Lift your arms as high as you can, keeping your head resting on the floor. 3) Repeat 10 times. 4) Extend your arms outward like a ‘Y.’ Lift your arms as high as you can, keeping your head resting on the floor. 5) Repeat 10 times. 6) Extend your arms outward like an ‘I.’ Lift your arms as high as you can, keeping your head resting on the floor. 7) Repeat 10 times.
1) Find something heavy and hold it at your lower chest squeezing your elbows against your ribcage. 2) Hinge your hips back. 3) Pull your hips forward explosively and squeeze your buttocks. 4) Repeat 10 times.
1) Stand and make your body tight. 2) Place hands with palms—not fingers—on ground as close to your feet as possible. 3) Jump back to position like going to do push up on your toes. 4) Do a push up on or off your knees. 5) Jump back so feet meet your hands. 6) Stand up tall and squeeze your bottom hard. 7) Repeat 10 times.