There’s something about summer concerts that makes the music sound a little bit sweeter, and the performance last in your memory just a little bit longer. The majority of Northern Virginians have closed up their calendars, assuming that concerts and other shows originally planned across the region this summer are no longer happening. But, that’s not the case anymore at The Birchmere.
Announced today, June 24, The Birchmere will be reopening at a limited capacity on Friday, July 10 with a performance by The Billy Price Charm City Rhythm Band.
Guests who head to the venue this summer must now follow strict, CDC-approved guidelines. See details on new procedures below:
- There will be a $25 food and beverage minimum, plus a $5 COVID-19 fee, for all patrons.
- Doors will open at 6 p.m. the night of the performance, at which time guests will be escorted directly into the Music Hall to their seats. The Birchmere will still have general admission seating with no reserved seats, but the staff will be seating you in order to make sure social-distancing guidelines are met.
- Guests must wear masks whenever they are not in their seats, including the bathrooms and the merchandise store.
- Food and beverages will be available as soon as guests are seated, but there will be no bar service and no congregating in the Flex Stage/bar area.
- Shows will begin at 7:30 p.m. and end by 9 p.m., with only one set and no opening acts.
- The Birchmere’s merchandise store will be limiting the number of people allowed in it at a time.
In addition to The Billy Price Charm City Band concert, others shows now on The Birchmere’s summer list of performances include Daryl Davis (Saturday, July 11); Skinny Wallace (Friday, July 17); Jumpin’ Jupiter (Saturday, July 18); The Nighthawks (Friday, July 24); The Free Flowing Musical Experience with Scott Fallon (Saturday, July 25); and The Roadducks (Friday, July 31).
Tickets for each show are $15 per person and are only available at The Birchmere’s box office. Guests may purchase them in advance or the night of the show. The box office is open Wednesdays through Saturdays, from 4 to 7:30 p.m.
For more details, visit birchmere.com. // 3701 Mount Vernon Ave., Alexandria
Stay up to date on all reopenings in the region by subscribing to our weekly newsletters.