New Jersey native Jay McCargo has built a 30-year career in government contracting and is now at the helm of a federal contracting company that prides itself on the expertise of its employees and won the American Express OPEN 2016 Subcontractor/Teaming Contractor of the Year.
1. Integrity. Keeping your word will ensure success in all aspects of life.
2. Be yourself. You have to be true to yourself, genuine and comfortable in your own skin.
3. Agility is key. More than flexibility, being agile allows you to change direction with speed and precision, keeping you at the forefront of your industry endeavors.
4. Be clear. Clarity clears out confusion. Be clear on what you want and the message you’re trying to communicate.
5. Be present. You can’t win the game of life if you’re not in the game of life. You don’t need to know all of the answers—just show up.
6. Influence the influencers. We all have some level of influence, but when you influence the influencer, you’re secretly running the show.
7. Keep moving. Change is inevitable, but growth is optional. Growth demands expansion, and expansion enlarges territory.
8. Give. Generosity always comes back to you greater than it was given.
9. Partnership. No one can do it all. Strategic partnerships are the secret sauce to success.
10. Have fun for God’s sake. The first nine points of wisdom are meaningless if you’re not doing something you enjoy. Don’t forget to have fun while you’re getting things done.