By Janeé Williams
Has this year been a hectic one so far? Not having fun? Wouldn’t it be nice to just pack up your family and go away somewhere? Well search no longer. Here are two family-friendly resorts that will allow you to do just that.
Let your family relax and enjoy this four season resort. Located in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley, indulge in swimming, skiing, golfing, hiking and simple relaxing all year.
– Four-Season Activities: Enjoy snowboarding, skiing or tubing on their one of a kind slopes. Take a dip and cool off at their waterpark with indoor and outdoor pools. Open year round.
– BINGO: At the Massanutten Lions Club, you and your family can enjoy a fun game of BINGO and win cash prizes.
– Jason Bishop: Magic and Illusions: Stay on the edge of your seat watching this magician/illusionist.
– David Farrell Comedy Night: Stay laughing with this family friendly comedian.
– Mike Nizer: Have your mind blown with this world-renowned juggler.
Also enjoy a variety of music events and sport competitions on the resort.
* Not all events shown and events vary depending on week and what is listed in the entertainment guide.
Off Resort Attractions:
– River Expeditions: Let your family enjoy canoeing, kayaking, tubing, and rafting on the Shenandoah River.
– Area Excursions: Enjoy the outdoors and some great Virginia attractions. Visit areas like Monticello, Michie Tavern and Ash Lawn-Highland. Tours are available weekly, year-round.
Get a taste of the mountains and all it has to offer at this resort. Equipped with 250 accommodations ranging from studios to nine bedroom houses providing comfortable living areas, fully equipped kitchens and a balcony or deck. All accommodations of one bedroom and larger include a cozy fireplace.
– Discovery Ridge Center: Your family adventure begins here. This center provides you with different activities and events that you and your family can enjoy together. Enjoy outdoor activities like The Zip, The Plunge Tubing Park and the 18 Course Miniature Golf. Also enjoy some indoor activities: Foosball, Pool Table, Air Hockey, Theater showing sporting events and videos and Toddler Inflatable – Bounce Bot $8; socks required.
– Aquatics and Fitness Center: Open year round this offers a variety of exercise facilities and weights for fitness gurus. The pools are indoor and outdoor ready for you and your family to take a dip.
– Lake Monocan Park: A 20-acre lake with Snack bar, canoes, kayaks, fishing equipment, road bike rentals, horseshoe pits, sand volleyball court and sandy beach. Adults $12, guest of adult member $10, Children 6-12 $8, guest of child member $5, under 5 free with an adult.
– Hiking: Get in touch with your adventure side. The resort offers 30 miles of hiking trails if you want to go on a nice stroll or hike up a big mountain. Grab a hiking flyer at their front desk and choose the trail for you. Flyers are $3.
Travel Steals and Deals:
Suite Sweet Sale: For a limited time only Lansdowne Resort offers up to 30 percent off one of their suites. Stay with them in style. This Sweet Suite offer includes up to 30 percent off suite rates.
Standard Package: Massanutten offers this waterpark package, 2 Bedrooms for $600.
– 2 bedroom for 2 nights
– 8 one-day WaterPark passes
-$18 off food & beverage at the WaterPark
Buy 2 nights and get the third Free: If you buy two nights at Wintergreen Resort, you will receive the third night free. Four days of fun to spend with your family.
Don’t forget sunglasses, lip balm, sunscreen and bring a camera to record your day on the slopes. (Source: Wintergreen Resort website)