Sure, you aren’t supposed to wear white after Labor Day, but these finds are begging for you to throw away the dated fashion faux pas. Instead, whether you are vacationing at a mountain resort or enjoying a much deserved shopping spree, embrace the winter white look throughout the chilly months.
1. Anthropologie faux-fur mittens, $38 at Anthropologie, several area locations, anthropologie.com
With the cold, snowy weather persisting, it’s more important than ever to keep your hands warm. Hop on the train of sustainability by purchasing this pair of faux-fur mittens, both an ethical and less expensive alternative to real fur.
2. Hutch fringed shift mini-dress, $220 at Anthropologie
As we get further into the 2020s, we are continuing to see a reemergence of 1920s styles, particularly fringe. This eclectic fringed mini-dress is great for a winter foray into flapper fashion.
3. Mackage puffer jacket with removable hood, $750 at Bloomie’s, Mosaic District, 2920 District Ave., Ste. 180, Fairfax, bloomingdales.com
Perfect for a day of shoveling snow or sledding down a hill, this stylish white jacket will keep you warm no matter the winter activity. Pair it with your warmest winter boots for a comfortable yet classic look.
4. ba&sh “Baylor” mohair-blend cardigan, $295 at Bloomie’s
Every time winter rolls around, puff sleeves come back in full force. Take the opportunity to subtly embrace the trend with this cream mohair-blend cardigan that’s anything but frumpy.
5. Lyssé “Tudor” motocross faux-leather leggings, $128 at Undeniable Boutique, Mosaic District, 2920 District Ave., Ste. 140, Fairfax, undeniableboutique.com
Black leather pants have been everywhere in the fashion world lately. These white leather leggings provide a winter variation on the trend. Feel free to dress them up with your coziest cold-weather sweater.