By Cate Jensen
Many see scarves as just a necessity to survive the cold weather, but for fashion lovers it is another way to express their unique and personal style. Here are five scarves to get you started on picking out the perfect gift for the scarf lover in your life.
1. The Blanket : We all want to stay warm and stylish in the blistery months of winter and with this scarf both are achievable. From classic solids to plaid patterns this accessory is sure to be a slam dunk for your most fashionable friend. Large Blanket Wrap Scarf; $50; amazon.com.
2. The Snood: This chic faux fur snood is ideal for the friend whose style rivals that of Audrey Hepburn. Women’s Topshop Faux Fur Snood, $48; nordstrom.com.
3. The Fringe: For the more free-spirited gift receiver, fringe is the way to go. In deep marigold, the bold scarf makes quite the statement and is sure to put a smile on their face as they open the gift box. ModCloth What Glows Around Scarf; $20; modcloth.com.
4. The Cable Knit: A classic, but always a crowd-pleaser. For the sportier person in your life, try out this timeless style by North Face. The North Face Cable-Knit Minna Scarf, $40; macys.com.
5. The Infinity: Every woman has at least one in her closet, so if you are trying to get for an scarf that is a bit more original – look no further than this funky mix of prints.Tory Burch Ocelot Leopard Infinity Scarf, $175; toryburch.com.