A hint of a chill enlivens the air, the foliage bursts with brilliant color, and glasses everywhere are raised to celebrate the harvest — the perfect backdrop for a new adventure.
The 34th annual Virginia Wine Month kicks off this October. From harvest celebrations and special dinners to local bundles of wine and artisanal food, take advantage of all that the beautiful fall season has to offer. Pick a vineyard or a weekend. Plot out the perfect itinerary or follow wherever the road takes you to explore the shifting landscape and extraordinary wines of Virginia.
October 15th is a day for the Commonwealth to come together to toast the richness of our region with Harvest Party. People in the city, the country, and on the shore, gather in restaurants, vineyards, private homes, and open fields for a feast of Virginia-grown food and wine. Wineries across the state will open their doors to celebrate this year’s bountiful harvest and share their gratitude for local supporters like you.
Whether you’re a longtime supporter or a new visitor of Virginia Wine Country, there’s no better time to venture into the vineyards. Virginia has over 300 wineries across 10 distinct regions, each offering scenic views, unique experiences, and exceptional wines. Here, you’ll find a community of farmers perfecting their own agricultural art to craft wines that embody the grace, grit, and experimental spirit of Virginia.
Virginia Wine Month is all about celebrating local. From sampling seasonal flavors from local producers and chefs to supporting small businesses and wineries near you, each October is a chance to toast to the vibrant community that makes Virginia, Virginia.
If you ask us, that’s worth raising a glass to.
Here are some quick links to help make the most of #vawinemonth:
- Create an account to personalize your adventure and plot out the perfect itinerary.
- Download the Virginia Wine App for on-the-go access and spontaneous excursions.
- Attend events throughout October to celebrate Virginia Wine Month.
- Find Harvest Party celebrations and offerings near you.
- Stock up on Virginia Wine and plan your own harvest party this season. Gather friends and family to experience all that Virginia has to offer.
- Pair your wines with seasonal flavors and browse locally inspired recipes.
- Sign up and venture into the vineyards with the Gold Medal Wine Trail to redeem #vawine prizes. Visit five stops during the month of October to be eligible for a free one-night stay in the heart of Virginia Wine Country.