Dining rooms across the region are quiet, but that doesn’t mean their incredible work from 2019 can’t be honored by the Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington (RAMW) in the annual Rammy Awards.
On May 4, RAMW announced a lengthy list of finalists across the region spanning a variety of categories, from cocktails and mixology to cookbooks and gathering places.
Here, find the list of Northern Virginia restaurants that made this year’s first list, with the short list of finalists to come later. Plus, don’t forget to contribute to the public vote in the categories for Favorite Gathering Place of the Year, Upscale Brunch of the Year, Casual Brunch of the Year and Favorite Fast Bites of the Year (with online voting dates to be announced later).
The winners are currently scheduled to be announced at The 38th Annual RAMMY Awards Gala, planned for Sunday, July 26, at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, the time and date of this event could be subject to change.
See the full list of nominees, including Washington, DC and Maryland nominees, here.
Regional Food and Beverage Producer of the Year
Employee of the Year
- Yasmin Orozco; Taco Bamba Taqueria, Springfield
Manager of the Year
- Jamal Flowers; Rocklands Barbeque and Grilling Co., Alexandria
- Rizza Leguro; Founding Farmers, Tysons
- Bethany Wagener; Alta Strada (Mosaic District), Fairfax
Pastry Chef of the Year
Wine Program of the Year
Beer Program of the Year
Favorite Gathering Place of the Year
- Stomping Ground; Alexandria
Upscale Brunch of the Year
- Trummer’s; Clifton
Casual Brunch of the Year
- Liberty Barbecue; Falls Church
Favorite Fast Bites of the Year
- Sloppy Mama’s BBQ; Arlington
Formal Fine Dining Restaurant of the Year
Restaurateur of the Year
- Victor Albisu; Poca Madre, Taco Bamba Taqueria (Multiple locations)
- Mark Fedorchak, Stephen Fedorchak, and Brian Normile; The Liberty Tavern Group, Arlington
Hungry for more? Subscribe to our weekly Food newsletter.