For more than 30 years Northern Virginians have looked to Doug Hill for the latest in weather. He retired this month to spend more time with his family and work within his church. We caught him before he left to fill us in on what methods kept him going.
1. Always have a plan B.
2. Don’t define yourself by your job or title.
3. Live beneath your means—it pays off later.
4. Life is a gift; happiness is a choice.
5. Sins can be forgiven, but you own their consequences.
6. Hearses are not equipped with trailer hitches.
7. Learn the difference between wants and needs.
8. Everyone is equal in the eyes of God.
9. Do for one what you wish you could do for everyone.
10. Most important to me: Re-order your life around the one who created you.