A hint of a chill enlivens the air. The foliage bursts with brilliant color. And glasses everywhere are raised to celebrate the harvest.
Each year, Virginia Wine Month celebrates the pioneers and the innovators, the relationship with our diverse terroir, the local bounty, and the exceptional wines—both familiar and new, characterizing the richness of our region. At the heart of Virginia Wine is a community of farmers perfecting their own agricultural art, listening to their land, and crafting wines that embody the grace, grit and, experimental spirit of Virginia.
Today’s traditions have too many rules and no local color. We deserve a day to celebrate what makes us, us. And that’s exactly why Harvest Party was invented— a day where people in the city, the country and on the shore gather safely in restaurants, vineyards, private homes, open fields for a feast of Virginia-grown food and wine.
You’ll find Harvest parties of all kinds on Saturday, October 16, and additional celebrations spread throughout the entire month. Whether it’s a special dinner pairing local fares or an intimate experience through the vines, October in Virginia Wine Country provides the perfect backdrop for a new adventure.
Here are five ways to take full advantage of Virginia Wine Month:
- Create an account to personalize your adventure and plot out the perfect itinerary.
- Download the Virginia Wine App for on-the-go access and spontaneous excursions.
- Find Virginia Wine-curated celebrations and accommodations near you.
- Stock up on Virginia Wine and toast to our region with friends and family, near and far.
- Sign up and start venturing with the Gold Medal Wine Trail to redeem #vawine prizes.
Learn more about Virginia Wine Month, here.
This is a sponsored post. If you are interested in advertising with Northern Virginia Magazine, click here.