NoVA’s judgement-free zone just got a little bigger.
Planet Fitness, known for its affordable memberships and bright purple-and-yellow fitness centers throughout the country, has signed on to open five new locations throughout Northern Virginia.
The company already has 11 existing fitness centers from Woodbridge to Sterling, but will open its first locations in Arlington and Springfield, and offer second locations in Manassas, Fairfax and Alexandria. As of May 31, the company has not released potential opening dates for the new locations but is hopeful to have at least one local opening by the end of 2019.
The incoming fitness centers are taking the place of several empty storefronts that have since closed or relocated:
- Pentagon Row: 1301 South Joyce St., Arlington
- Concord Centre: 6119-6133 Backlick Road, Springfield
- County Center: 12623-12901 Galveston Court, Manassas
- Greenbriar Town Center: 13043 Lee Jackson Memorial Highway, Fairfax
- Hayfield Shopping Center: 7590 Telegraph Road, Alexandria
Most locations across the U.S. are open 24/7 and offer free fitness training, as well as dozens of fitness machines and hundreds of pieces of equipment.
Want more health content? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter.