The restaurant at 730 N. St. Asaph St. has been family-owned since it started in the 1904. Originally, it was on King Street at Royal Street, but moved to its current location in 1964.
The diner, located across from Harris Teeter, has long been known for its housemade Greek and Italian meals and for its weekend breakfast buffet.
Restaurants that Alexandria Restaurant Partners owns or manages include Vola’s Dockside Grill, Mia’s Italian Kitchen, Hi-Tide Lounge, Theismann’s Restaurant, The Majestic Café, Ada’s on the River, and Barca Pier & Wine Bar, and Palette 22 in Shirlington.
“We like their management style and what they have done with other projects in town, and have been assured that the Royal’s legacy will be continued into the future. We are excited for the Royal going forward,” Demetry Pikrallidas, trustee for The Royal, told The Zebra.
In the article, Pikrallidas thanks the hundreds who have worked there, vendors, the city, and others.
Feature image courtesy The Royal/Facebook
For more food news, subscribe to Northern Virginia Magazine’s Food newsletter.