Your airport experience is about to get better — 24 new concessions are coming to Reagan National Airport and Dulles International Airport later this year, according to the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority, in conjunction with Marketplace Development.
“The brands selected will provide customers with a curated Washington region experience,” said Jaimini Erskine, Airports Authority vice president for marketing and concessions.
These food, beverage and retail brands represent the latest awards of a multi-year concessions redevelopment program.
By adding the new enhanced services, the airports hope to provide a sense of place, more variety, and healthy options for travelers. The phased concessions redevelopment program began in 2022 and plans to install 80 new retail and dining options at both DC-based airports by the end of 2026.
At Reagan National, the program is a key component of “DCA Reimagined,” a project to elevate the passenger experience in Terminal 2 (Concourses B, C, D, and E) through state-of-the-art restrooms, expanded seating, and new amenities in the coming years.
“I’m glad to see more options to choose from,” says Amit Ganjoo, a Chantilly resident and frequent traveler through DC airports. “When you spend a lot of time running through the airports, it’s nice to find new spots to try.”
The first phase of concessions redevelopment, announced in September 2022, includes five new locations at Reagan National and five at Dulles International. The businesses are now in various stages of design and construction with an anticipated opening in summer 2023.
Check out these 10 new concessions coming soon to Reagan National Airport:
- Neighborgoods DC — DC-based shop offering gifts and souvenirs, souvenir apparel for the whole family, and gourmet packaged food.
- Boss — Men and women’s apparel. It will have a fitting room.
- Compass Coffee — DC-based brand selling handcrafted, ethically sourced coffee, breakfast, healthy salads, sandwiches, and baked goods.
- DC Arts District Market — Apparel, gifts, and souvenirs. It will have “just walk out” technology and 24-hour automated retail.
- Inside the Beltway — Core travel convenience necessities, healthy pre-packaged grab-and-go snacks, gifts, souvenir apparel, and accessories.
- Dos Toros Taqueria — Fast-casual taqueria using fresh sustainably sourced ingredients. Healthy options — burritos, bowls, tacos, and salads.
- Atlas Brew Works — DC-based artisanal beer with healthy food options.
- Zeke’s Coffee — Maryland-based coffee shop with grab-and-go menu.
- Cava Mezze Grill — DC-based Mediterranean fast-casual restaurant featuring customizable salads, pitas, and grains.
- Half Moon Empanadas — Fresh empanadas made in-shop daily.
For those traveling through Dulles International Airport, look for these 14 new concessions over the coming months:
- Hudson and Hudson Nonstop (3 locations) — Two locations of this newsstand will have Amazon “just walk out” technology.
- Market 1962 — Small grab-and-go market with pre-packaged snacks and convenience products.
- Brookstone — Personalized health and wellness electronics store.
- Starbucks — New location of the national coffeehouse chain.
- Ink by Hudson — A bookstore embracing trends in popular culture and literature.
- Potbelly — Fast-casual sandwich shop.
- Freshii — Bowls, smoothies, and more, with vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options.
- Gatsby — Full-service DC-based restaurant and bar with desserts by Mah Ze Dahr Bakery.
- Sfoglina — Full-service restaurant and patio and bar. Chef Fabio Trabocchi’s pasta house has multiple locations in the DC area.
- Rappahannock Oyster Co. — Oysters from the Rappahannock River and Chesapeake Bay.
- Auntie Anne’s — Pretzel shop.
- Union Kitchen — DC-based grab-and-go market.
Feature image courtesy Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
For more stories like this, subscribe to Northern Virginia Magazine’s Food newsletter.