108 N. Alfred St., 2nd Floor, Alexandria, VA, 22314 Get Directions
- Criminal Defense
- DUI & DWI
- White Collar
Joe’s criminal defense portfolio includes defending some of the area’s most significant murder cases as well as defending international and domestic drug conspiracy and firearm offenses, federal white collar matters, state offenses, and DUI/DWI allegations. An experienced appellate lawyer, Joe has appeared before the U.S. Supreme Court, U. S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, Virginia Supreme Court, and the Virginia Court of Appeals.
Joe regularly teaches continuing legal education classes to other lawyers and his work in criminal defense has been recognized by Northern Virginia Magazine, The Washingtonian, Best Lawyers in America as well as Virginia and Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers.
Prior to establishing his private legal practice in 2008, Joe worked as an attorney at the Alexandria Office of the Public Defender (2004-2008), which has a number of alumni recognized among the Washington DC metro area’s top trial lawyers.
Honors & Awards
- Northern Virginia Magazine’s best lawyers – 2014 – present
- Washingtonian Magazine’s best lawyers – 2011 – present
- Virginia and Washington, DC Super Lawyers – 2017-present
- Best Lawyers in America, Virginia – 2020-21
- The University of Michigan Law School-JD
- George Mason University-M.A., History
- Mary Washington College-B.S., Physics