103 W. Broad St., Suite 601, Falls Church, VA, 22046 Get Directions
Upon completing his periodontal training, Dr. Carlos joined the United States Air Force as a commissioned officer, where he treated our active duty military members and taught periodontics to the Advanced Education in General Dentistry residents. Dr. Carlos completed his active duty commitment in September of 2013, and separated as a Major, with awards such as the Dental Squadron Company Grade Officer of the Year. Dr. Carlos has been a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology since May 11, 2012.
Dr. Carlos is certified in the Wilckodontics® (Accelerated Osteogenic Orthodontics™) Procedure, Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP™), the Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique®, and the S.M.A.R.T.™ Minimally Invasive Bone Grafting Method. In addition, he is a Fellow in the Institute for Advanced Laser Dentistry, and is a co-founder and co-leader of the Northern Virginia Periodontics Synergy Study Series, the Northern Virginia Periodontics Spear Study Club, and the Northern Virginia Periodontics Hygiene Study Series.
Dr. Carlos was selected as a 2016 Top Dental Specialist by the Washington Consumers’ Checkbook, was nominated by his peers as a Top Periodontist in Virginia Living Magazine for 2017, 2018, and was selected as a 2019 Washingtonian Top Dentist.
Dr. Carlos has offices located in Falls Church and Alexandria.
- Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology
- The Northern Virginia Dental Society
- The Virginia Dental Association
- The American Dental Association
- The Hispanic Dental Association
- The American Academy of Periodontology
- The Virginia Society of Periodontology
- The Institute for Advanced Laser Dentistry
- The Millennium Dental Study Club
- The Spear Study Club, Certificate in Periodontics
D.M.D., M.S.D., P.C.
Honors & Awards
- Top Dental Specialist by Washington Consumers Checkbook – 2016,
- Top Periodontist in Virginia Living Magazine – 2017, 2018, 2019
- Washingtonian Top Dentist – 2018, 2019
- Northern Virginia Magazine Top Dentist – 2019
- College of the Holy Cross – Bachelor of Arts, Biology
- University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine – Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry
- MCV/VCU – Certificate in Periodontics
- MCV/VCU – M.S.D., Periodontics
- Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique
- Wilckodontics (Accelerated Osteogenic Orthodontics) Procedure
- Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP),
- Teeth In A Day
- S.M.A.R.T. Minimally Invasive Bone Grafting Method
- Dental Implants
- Immediate Dental Implants
- Digital Dentistry
- Sinus Augmentation
- Guided Bone Regeneration/Guided Tissue Regeneration
- Soft Tissue Grafting
- Osseous Surgery
- Crown Lengthening
- Orthodontic Uncovery
- Non-Surgical Periodontal Therapy
- Bite Therapy