The Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington honored the best in regional hospitality last night at the 2015 RAMMY awards.
Northern Virginia restaurants fared well, earning recognition in the one of the top awards with The Restaurant at Patowmack Farm winning for Formal Fine Dining Restaurant. (Only members of RAMW are eligible for the RAMMYs.)
Here are the winners, with those with Northern Virginia connections highlighted:
- Restaurant Employee of the Year: Evan Labb, Evening Star Cafe
- Restaurant Manager of the Year: Joseph Cerione, Blue Duck Tavern
- Rising Culinary Star of the Year: George Pagonis, Kapnos
Note: The chef also runs the kitchen of Kapnos Taverna in Arlington.
- Service Program of the Year: Marcels by Robert Wiedmaier.
- Regional Food and Beverage Producer of the Year: Catoctin Creek Distilling Co.
Note: Check out Catocin Creek owner’s personal booze collection.
- Favorite Gathering Place: Bar Pilar
- Upscale Casual Brunch: Le Diplomate
- Everyday Casual Brunch: The Daily Dish
- Favorite Fast Bites: Pete’s New Haven Style Apizza
- Upscale Casual Restaurant: Mintwood Place
- Everyday Casual Restaurant: DGS Delicatessen
Note: DGS will open a location in Mosaic District this month.
- Beer Program of the Year: Pizzeria Paradiso, Georgetown
- Cocktail Program of the Year: Bourbon Steak
- Wine Program of the Year: Iron Gate
- Pastry Chef of the Year: Agnes Chin, The Grill Room
- Formal Fine Dining Restaurant: The Restaurant at Patowmack Farm
Note: This restaurant was Northern Virginia Magazine’s best restaurant of 2014.
- New Restaurant of the Year: Fiola Mare
- Restaurateur of the Year: Jose Andres and Rob Wilder, ThinkFoodGroup
Note: ThinkFoodGroup claims Jaleo and America Eats Tavern in Northern Virginia.
- Chef of the Year: Victor Albisu, Del Campo and Taco Bamba
Note: This NoVA native opened a taco shop in the same Falls Church strip mall as his mother’s Latin grocery store.