This story appears in our weekly Food newsletter. Sign up here.
Can you stand one more list honoring the year that was 2018? Here are some things I’m excited about, mad about and things I’m crossing my fingers to see next year.
1. Not a fan of crazy bitter beers, I felt left out of the craft IPA revolution. Luckily, fads move fast and IPAs now span from the New England-style of hazy, fruity, juicy brews to the new backlash: Brut IPAs, dry and effervescent. Pick up a four-pack (tall boy four-packs are the new sixers) of Old Ox’s I Am Brut Blanc from Arrowine .
Why can’t Square have a tip option that says ‘it’s nothing personal, but I just can’t give you
20% for handing me a pre-made sandwich’
— Daniel Nigro (@TheDanielNigro) May 9, 2018
5. Where are high-end, vegetable-forward dining options? Bring NoVA Fancy Radish.
6. Where are cheffy bagels covered in zaatar? Bring NoVA Call Your Mother.
7. Where are book stores dedicated to cookbooks and books about food? Bring NoVA Omnivore Books.
View this post on Instagram
8. ^^ Make a pot of beans. Feel better about the world.
9. Please stop with the edible flower garnish. No one wants to eat that.
10. My husband bought me an Instant Pot for our anniversary this year. I’ve never used a pressure cooker, slow cooker or any other push-button gadget in the kitchen and I’m nervous—I like to stir. Send recipes!
Here’s to a delicious 2019.
MORE | 2018 Rants and Raves